Here at SkinDeep Naturals, your go-to for Northern Colorado natural skin care products, we are all about natural living. So today in the blog we wanted to share with you a DIY project to create an herb garden for your kitchen. That way you can grow your own organic herbs for cooking, mixing cocktails, and wellness remedies.
To begin, you must decide if you want to do a DIY project. If not, there is no shame! We found this very cute and functional set up that would be perfect for herbs at Ikea. You can use a FINTORP rail, the FINTORP hooks, and a few FINTORP utensil holders to plant your favorite herbs to get a similar set up to the one we are about to describe.
What You Need:
A wooden board (for the best effect, up-cycle something you’ve found)
Triangle ring hangers
Chalk paint (optional)
Herbs (oregano, cilantro, chives, basil, rosemary, etc.)
What to Do:
1) Space the jars out evenly on the board (with the board either vertical or horizontal). Use a pencil to mark where you want the jars.
2) Nail the pipe clamps to the board where you want the jars.
3) On the back of the board, nail in the ring hangers and tie the wire between them.
4) Plant your choice of herbs in the mason jars and place in the pipe clamps.
5) Use a screw driver to tighten down the pipe clamps.
6) If desired, paint sections of chalk paint near each jar and write the names of the herbs with chalk.
7) Hang your crafty herb display in your kitchen, ready to enjoy the next time you cook!
We got our inspiration for this project from Camille Styles but there are many other varieties you can find on Pinterest if you want more detailed descriptions or another look to match your kitchen. To find out more about who we are and what we care about at SkinDeep Naturals, contact us today.